Friday, January 7, 2011

let them eat cake!

Follow my blog with bloglovin


I am not gonna lie - I love me some cake BUT that was at the bottom of my list when it came to the wedding. It sounds odd, because I do love all things wedding! I had no concern for the cake except that I wanted something inexpensive. It still shocks me at how expensive cakes are! I went to a couple different bakeries and told them that I just wanted a clean white cake and I would add fresh flowers to them. It did not matter that it would literally be a white cake they would still charge the same as they would for tons of details. It blew my mind and I was not going to spend $1,000 on a white cake! So I started asking people I knew if they knew of any great cake places. A girl I went to high school told me about another girl I went to high school that does cakes now on the side. I was hoping that this would be the answer and IT WAS! I had told her my vision through email and she TOTALLY GOT IT! I was so relieved! My vision had changed from the plain white cakes with fresh flowers, but still was not anything with crazy details. I met up with her when I was in Louisville and she brought a drawing and it was PERFECTION!!! Now the cake or should I say cakes (there are six of them!) is at the top of my list! I cannot wait to see how they turn out and could not be more happy that I am utilizing someone that is young and has a passion on the side that she is really good at! I like supporting someone that is starting out and getting their name out there because I hope that someone will/would do the same for me! I am getting exactly what I want for a great price! I need to scan in the sketch that she drew - it is amazing! Maybe just one of the cakes for a sneak peek! I would hate to give it all away.
You may be wondering why I am having six cakes, its not six huge cakes stacked high. I am going for the cake "buffet" look. The cakes will all look different with a cohesive theme. All different sizes and heights. I really hope that it looks as great as I am imagining. Well I am off to meet with one of my sorority sisters at a floral appointment! I am helping with her wedding and coordinating the day of, I am so excited that she has involved me in her wedding planning it is such and honor and a really exciting time for both of us! Her wedding is two weeks before mine EEK! But I wouldn't have it any other way! I'll leave you with some pics of inspiration!





No comments:

Post a Comment