Wednesday, January 5, 2011

pumps, peep toes, & cowboy boots!

Wedding updates! Not much has happened, I have everything done basically. I am getting ready to order my invites. They are very simple, at first I wanted to do something with color - but color costs more and I would rather have more flowers than strikingly beautiful invites. I have really been intense about the wording of the invitations, that may sound crazy but I just want it to make sense and people not have to search all over the invite to find the date, how to reply and info about the reception. Also it is hard to word things so that people understand how to reply, I know that not too long ago I did not know how to "reply" on the reply card, but now I am an expert and want to make our reply card very easy to understand. Probably very silly, but I don't want any surprises (like 50 extra ppl that I wasn't expecting).
I got new wedding shoes, I already had a pair but they have proven to be waaay too tall and I don't think it would be wise for me to wear something this is pushing 5 inches just to be closer to Matt at the altar. I was trying to figure out how I would even make it through pictures, so when I was in Louisville for Christmas I was shopping at TJ Maxx (surprise!) and just happened to pass an almost identical pair to the ones I currently had AND they were at least 2 inches shorter!!!! YAY! I am so glad that I fell upon those beauties and I love them and feel so much more comfortable now!


So, I am a heel girl and I love heels - but I don't think that I am going to want to wear them the whole night. I think I am going to wear my beloved cowboy(girl) boots - I just love those puppies they have been so good to me. WELL they are not actually MY boots, they were my mom's first big purchase after she graduated college. I found them in her closet my junior year of high school and just loved them. She let me wear them once and from then on they became mine. I loved how they were vintage and worn in. Not only were they just amazing in themselves, but they were my mothers who is truly my very best friend next to Matt. I love wearing something that she wore at MY AGE. They truly are one of my most prized possessions. I kid you not - I have literally told Matt that if my apartment was burning down they would be one of the first things I would grab. These boots are part of some of my most favorite memories: my senior pictures in high school, my first Phi Mu formal, a few country concerts including the AMAZING GARTH BROOKS, lots of girls nights with some of the greatest friends and now my wedding! SOOO I do think that I will be wearing them after the reception gets underway! Well that is all for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment