Wednesday, January 23, 2013

life update

Things have been interesting around here lately! We are settling into our new home and starting some projects around here, which is exciting! Every project always seems to take longer and cost more money than you think it is going to, but we are getting used to that. I blogged about my new job in September, but did not reveal what I was doing. I was taking a leap of faith by accepting a job that was not high paying and not something I was used to. I was working at a handbag and accessories boutique. We sold some really nice handbags like: Kate Spade, Zac Posen, Brahmin, and Hobo. We also carried jewelry, gifts, housewares and some baby stuff. I was really enjoying interacting with our customers and being around pretty things. I was also really looking forward to Derby time at the store. The owner sold Derby hats in the previous years and it is always a fun time of year in Kentucky.

 In mid Novemeber the owner sat me down and told me that she had decided to close the store. I was shocked! We had a great customer following and we were actually planning to move to another shopping center at the beginning of the year. She decided that it was time to let it go and take time for herself and her family. I was definitely not expecting the store to close, I had just been hired in late August! At first I was sad and then my gears started turning and I realized that we just bought a house!!!

 Fortunately Matt has a job he loves.   He is quickly moving up and gaining much respect within his company and I am so incredibly proud of him. We are able to cover all of our bills and mortgage with Matt's job, but I pray and ask you to pray that I find something quickly. I know that everything happens for a reason and there is something else out there for me! The boutiques last day was this past Saturday. I can't believe it came so quickly. I am hopeful that I find something that is fulfilling and a good fit for me.

 I have big dreams for our future, we are hopeful to have our own business someday and to acquire some land and property to do this. Right now I need to stay focused on the bigger goal and land myself a job!! I have had some small leads for jobs, but no offers yet. I have been pretty picky about the job search, but I am trusting that I can find something unexpectedly, even if it is unfamiliar.

 I have written drafts for SEVERAL other posts about the house hunt and finding our humble abode we now call home, as well as some projects we have already completed! Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment