Tuesday, February 22, 2011

wedding nonsense


So lately I have been kinda in a funk because I am done with the planning of my wedding until about April/May when I will go back into my vendors to confirm things. I am kind of sad because I just looooove weddings and everything that goes with them! Many people that I talk to are surprised that I am done with all of the plans, I have been done since before Christmas so now it is just kind of a waiting game. I don't know what I will do when our wedding is over. I have told Matt that we will have to renew our vows numerous times so I can have multiple weddings and in every season!
The only thing that I do not feel super confident in is the ceremony music. I find it difficult to pick songs for the ceremony. I mean people don't usually remember ceremony music - at least I don't, but I want it to be cohesive and sound pretty. I need to talk to my DJ about it, I have songs that I want but I just don't know if they all flow/go together.
Matt and I have started pre marital counseling at our church in Bowling Green and we love it so far. I was excited about it, but Matt was not too enthused. After our first meeting Matt loved it. It was so nice to talk to someone who was married, young, and didn't know us that well. I think since Matt and I feel so comfortable together it is nice to have a third party to look onto our relationship. We love our minister - he is great and we can't wait for our next meeting. Unfortunately he is not able to perform our ceremony because his brother is getting married the next day in a different part of the state. This was a major issue at first because we had ruled out anyone in Louisville marrying us. We wanted someone from our church in Bowling Green - the church that we joined together, instead of someone from the church I grew up in. I wanted the person that was going to marry us be someone that we both knew. WELL, it did not work out that way - but I think everything happens for a reason. The minister who married my parents 29 years ago (who is also the minister I grew up hearing from the pulpit) will be performing our ceremony. Matt and I will both sit down with him and get to talk about our relationship and commitment before the wedding so it is not like we are just showing up on the wedding day without ever meeting our minister. My parents are stoked and I really think they are honored that he is able to marry Matt & I and I am honored that Matt & I will share that with my parents.
In other news... I am still on the job search - I have gotten two offers one is full time but not great money and the other is in between part and full time and decent money, but I will have to commute some. THEN I recently heard from a dream job that I had emailed at the very beginning of the year. I was so ecstatic to see it in my email. I have sent them my resume and portfolio (hint - it has to do with weddings!) and heard back from them immediately. I hope to be able to meet with them soon and possibly have a job. I won't reveal yet, but hopefully I will hear something soon!
Matt and I started looking for our first apartment and we are so excited to have our own place to decorate and make our own. Though it is an apartment that is ok with us for now. Matt is still in school for another year and we plan to move as soon as he graduates, so apartment living is fine for now. We had initially hoped to move towards Nashville and that could still be a possibility, but all of the jobs that are in the picture right now for me are in all different areas (Glasgow, Owensboro, Bowling Green, and Nashville) - hopefully the one in Nashville will work out! If not we think we have found a place in BG to make our home! It is crazy that the countdown is almost in the double digits! Hope everyone is having a great week! Cheers!

6 comments:

  1. hannah!!
    i am so pumped i found your blog (crazy what a little facebook stalking can do. haha)
    i'm so excited you are getting married... and i'm planning a wedding too! you're blog is so cute and i'm a new follower.
    taylor

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it Hannah! Wishing you the best of luck in your job hunt. Thinking of ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the orchids! I just recently got engaged and am in the early planning stages, but have lot of time...however, I am trying to tie down a venue now since they book up and then go from there! Congrats on your upcoming wedding...and I know what you mean about loving everything wedding! I hope your down time is still inspiring for you and that your special day is everything you plan for it to be and more! :) Woo Hoo for hearing back from your dream job...yippeee!!!

    Liesl :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by my blog :) Anxious to follow you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the comments everyone! I love knowing that I actually have readers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness that shade of purple is amazing!! so exotic!! when i find my prince charming one day I'm looking for my color palette to be purple and coral and this is definitely going on my wedding inspiration board!!

    Welcome to the blogging world!! Watch out, it gets addicting!! ;)

    ReplyDelete