Friday, February 25, 2011

gettaway dress


Happy Friday everyone!!! Hope you all had a good week and are ready for the weekend! Not much planned for the weekend over here, I am going shopping for an interview outfit for my interview on Monday in Nashville. Went to the grocery yesterday - I have lots of yummy meals to make this weekend and next week including white chili and teryiaki chicken with rice & veggies - yum! Speaking of grocery shopping, this has been one of the biggest money savers for Matt & I lately. We eat dinner together every night no matter what and that used to mean that we would go out to dinner more nights than we cooked but since January we have been keeping a budget and saving all of our receipts. This has been a HUGE eyeopener! We use one of the budgeting charts from Excel and it is wonderful - I highly recommend! Anyways, we have been planning out our meals before we go to the grocery and only buying items on our grocery list not random extra stuff that is now sitting in the back of my pantry. So now we are saving sooo much money and eating better! I am very proud of us for keeping track and trying to do better with our finances before we say I DO! I think that money is sadly one of the things that a lot of couples fight over and I am glad that we are getting a handle on our spending before we start sharing money.

Onto other news... I have been looking for a dress to leave the wedding in and to maybe wear for the last thirty to forty five minutes. So it is not technically a "reception" dress because I will be wearing my gown almost the whole time, but Matt and I are leaving early the next morning for our honeymoon and I don't want to take my dress back to the hotel room plus I don't think Matt would know how to get it off of me haha (scandalous!) It has a corset back and I think it would just be easier for my mom to help me get out of it and take it back to my parents house than have to mess with it the next morning. I have not found anything that I love! I want something short and playful possibly pink and something I could wear on the honeymoon. Any ideas where to look? I have looked online @ Macys, Cache, and J.Crew but nothing is really speaking to me! I want it to be dressy, short, and summery. Let me know if you have any ideas! Have a great weekend everyone! Cheers!

2 comments:

  1. Do you have a Charming Charlies near you? They always have the best dresses!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. no, I've never even heard of it! I'll have to do some research!

    ReplyDelete