Friday, March 4, 2011

98 days!!!


OH MY GOODNESS!!! I just can't believe it! When we first got engaged in May it was more than a year away and now there is only 98 days til we say I DO! It has truly flown by and I just could not be happier! My veil and feather fascinator were shipped today and I can't wait to see it! My dress should be in in April for my first fitting and I am so excited to see it again! I can't wait to see it on with my veil, jewelry and shoes! So exciting! In other news...

Matt and I were on a really good workout routine but have faltered this week : ( I just started my new job at an event and wedding florist which I LOVE! I am so blessed and thankful right now that certain things did not fall into place right after graduation and that a little patience and prayers brought me to this wonderful opportunity. Matt has been in contact with a construction company that could lead to an internship and we are just over the moon with happiness right now!

We hit a little bump in the road a couple nights ago when I was browsing the net and thought to look up some reviews on our honeymoon resort. WELL am I glad that I did (Matt told me not to look at them anymore because there were quite a few negative ones and it upset me) but I thought I would just look again cause I had seen some before that mentioned that the property had filed for bankruptcy. The first review that popped up said that the resort had CLOSED without warning!!! I freak and go to look up the resort website and sure enough, the name had changed and there was a notification about the closure and a link that lead me to FAQ's about the closure. I freak out! It said that the resort had closed on Feb. 20 and they did not have a re open date, the resort was bought by someone else and had many legal issues to settle. Matt was doing homework in my room and I ran in there and just showed him the page where it said CLOSED! We immediately called his dad and he said he would look into it the next day, we then emailed the contact that we had asking if we still had a reservation and if we could be sent to another resort or something like that. I was sooo pissed because I had to find out on the internet, they never sent anything to us or Matt's parents or grandparents who booked our stay.

The next day Matt's grandma called the timeshare company and basically said that we were not risking them re opening in time before our wedding and that they better find us somewhere else - bless her heart she is amazing and we are so thankful for her! So now the plan is that we will be going to a MUCH better resort in Puerto Rico! I don't know much about it but it looks great and has a great beach with a bar and grill right on the beach - that is all I need to know!
Matt and I took money out of savings to pay for his passport that he does not need now! But they say it is good to have one so I guess that is a good thing we went ahead and got one for him. That just gives us an excuse to go somewhere else in the next few years out of the country!

This next week is spring break for Western, not that it matters to me anymore cause I am a big kid now and Matt plans to work all week but everyone on facebook is talking about their plans for Panama City, Ft. Lauderdale and Jamaica. Slightly jealous, but I get to go on a HONEYMOON in a few short months with the love of my life so that is ok with me! My boss is also on vaca so I don't have work next week so I am going home to hang with my mom and one of my other favorite people my little niece, Gracie! Hope everyone has a great weekend, cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment