Wednesday, March 30, 2011

you are invited!


whew, I have some catching up to do in the blog world! I have been all over the place in the past few weeks! I started a new job in TN, I have gone home twice in the past three weeks and been trying to catch up on laundry for like a month - not to mention the mess and Valentine's Day decor that is still up!!!

This past weekend my parents friends threw Matt & I a couples shower! The theme was movie theme and each guest was given a movie and had to base their gift off of the movie, then Matt & I had to guess which movie it was! It sounds easy, but some of them were difficult! Some of the things we got were a fan from my parents (gone with the wind), a waffle maker (julie & julia), an ice bucket with our new monogram with playing cards, dice & stuffed tiger (the hangover), and one of the most difficult came from Matt's parents who spoiled us with six wine glasses, six napkins & napkin rings, six votive holders(with fleur de lis on them!), six shot glasses, & some home scents (the sixth sense)- we were completely stumped on this one! Those were just some of the amazing gifts we got! So blessed with amazing friends & family!

That was Saturday - Sunday we went to church then came home and began addressing the invitations outer & inner envelopes! We chose to do them on the computer instead of hand written or pay to have them done. We did not get a lot done considering it took about 2 hours or more to get the right template and alignment (thanks to my wonderful future hubby who figured all of it out). Once we got going we got quite a few done! This is when it really started to hit me (the shower & invites getting sent out), we are really getting married!!! I can't believe it is time for the invites to be sent out - for some reason this makes it so much more real! I will blog more soon about all the other things going on! Here is a sneak peak of our invites! Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment