Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Christmas decor


my side of the family this Christmas


So I am behind on the Christmas post but I really enjoy seeing how others decorate for Christmas so I thought I would share our little Christmas apartment! For those of you who do not know - I am slightly obsessed with Christmas! I love the warm feeling of a cozy home with twinkly white lights, candles, evergreens, spices, family, giving, and the true story of CHRISTmas. So here are pics from my phone (asking for a nice camera next Christmas!) I have a decent Canon digital (that I never use cause my phone is so convenient) I would like one of those nice ones with the big lens that produces beautiful, quick and crisp photos! AND these pictures are tiny so I will have to start using my camera :/



front door wreath
Lowes wreath and "V" from Hobby Lobby



coffee table tray wedding gift that stays there all the time
glittery candles from Hobby Lobby
frame a gift from hubby
glass hurricane wedding gift from Target
pine cones from Hobby Lobby and I glittered some of them




we turned an old bookcase into a bar in the dining room area
nothing Christmas about it but we tend to partake
in adult beverages more during the holidays
I found vintage decanters at consignment stores
we inherited some cool bar ware from Matt's grandparents
Matt's great grandma owned a bar in Cincinnati called Valentine's
we also inherited a cool bar mirror with the
"Valentine's" logo on it
also received some bar ware as wedding gifts
silver monogrammed champagne bucket was a wedding gift
monogrammed champagne glasses I had made for the wedding
framed wedding invitation
silver cocktail shaker from TJ Maxx





I layered a black feather wreath I have had for years
with a silver ornament wreath I found at a consignment store
the feather wreath hangs at our back/patio door all the time
added a pop of Christmas red with ribbon to hang the silver wreath
the wreath hangs by our bar and dining area
our vintage silver, black and white area



this is our inherited dining table set from my parents
I am pretty sure it was their first dining table
I don't love it but it does the job
I got the silver candlestick and tray on a recent antiquing trip with the in laws
the julep cup candles are monogrammed and a wedding gift




our tree - obviously
I used burlap as the skirt 3yds was plenty from Hobby Lobby
I used golds, browns, and silvers
I also used real cotton I bought from Hobby Lobby in their Thanksgiving section
I also used jingle bells and lots of glittery ornament balls
I plan on doing more with the tree next year
when I have a bigger budget (hopefully!)




the mantle
my favorite thing to decorate - I like to keep it decorated year round
I used real greens and lots of candles and candlesticks
most of the candlesticks are from consignment or antique stores
I used our unity candles from the wedding which stay up there all the time
I like to keep them out instead of being tucked away
I got new stockings this year - confession: I got 3 matching just in case there is a little one before we get new ones hopefully NOT within 4 years
I only hung 2 - obviously
the candelabra stays on the floor (year round) in front of our "fake" fireplace that glows





Ok, that is all! Next time I plan on having LARGER pictures! Let me know if you have posted Christmas decor photos on your blog so I can check them out! I am always looking for inspiration for the next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment