Thursday, January 19, 2012

pillow makeover!

Hey there! Hope everyone is having a great week - I got to spend some time with my mom, Gracie girl (my niece) and my sister in law Bet (Bethany) in Louisville, which was much needed. I had not seen Gracie since Christmas and was itching to give hugs, cuddle, read, and play with my little (growing up) Gracie!

Last Friday one of my dear college friends/sorority sister was in town with her boyfriend from Florida so we went out on the town with them and some other girls from school/sorority. Katie and I lived in the sorority house together, as well as the "blue" house together. Lots of fun times, life chats, tears and hilarity with that girl. Even though we are miles away I can still call her anytime and pick up where we left off - she is a talker and so am I so we have lovely phone chats! Matt and her boyfriend, Garen, became friends over sports, hunting, man stuff etc. so that was nice for Matt to have a guy to chat with!

I have been doing some crafting, updating, decorating in our little apartment - I will be posting more about our Valentine decor especially my Valentine banner and mantlescape!

Pillow makeover below...




I had a major Hobby Lobby trip last week and went a little crazy, but I found some great stuff! I found these inexpensive pillow covers that I thought I would jazz up myself. They were in the same aisle as the curtains, tassels, and fringe.



I had leftover little gems from another craft (found in the scrap booking area) that I used in the middle of the pillow to add a little bling (I love me some bling!)


I used a multi colored boa with neutral tones that I have also incorporated on a lamp in our living room and my new curtains (pictures coming soon).


Then I just whipped out my handy dandy glue gun and went to town around the edges. DISCLAIMER: this pillow is clearly just for looks (Matt hates that, but we have others that you can actually lay on and snuggle with).


I used one of our pillows in the cover that fit JUST right (had to stuff it in there a little), but you can buy the stuffing if you don't have any extra pillows around.
I had a little feather fluff leftover so instead of just putting the bling in the middle by itself I decided to add a little feather in with the bling! Tada, a new fancy pillow for about 10 bucks! She looks so pretty in our living room and I am enjoying her quite a bit!



Hope you enjoyed! Cheers to it almost being the weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Ooh I LOVE the pillow! My hubby hates that stuff, but OH WELL :) Well done!! This reminds me of my "hero" LOL Donna Moss!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. THANK YOU! I know, we are still in the early stage where he lets me do that kinda stuff ha - I don't think it will last! Donna is my muse, of course!

    ReplyDelete