Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Thailand or bust!

Both of Matt's parents are officially gone to Thailand for 3+ years.  It is crazy to think that we can no longer take a little road trip up to see them.  I cried, of course!  Twice!  They left at 2 different times so twice the tears!  Matt's parents have been so generous and welcoming to me ever since we started dating and I just can't believe that we will not get to see them on a regular basis and the fact that they are across the world!  Matt's dad left first to start his job and get acquainted and his mom left on Monday morning with his younger sister, Haley.  Haley is going for about a month which is so awesome, I know she will have a great time with her parents and get to do so much - I am quite jealous!  Matt and I will get to go next year most likely.  The trip over there is right about 24 hours not including lay overs and delays!!! I am going to need to not sleep for like 2 days before we go so I can sleep through all that traveling!

source: topworldcities.net
You are probably wondering why his parents have moved to Thailand!?  Well Matt's dad works for Formica as a plant manager and was asked if he would like to go to Thailand to run their plant there while their plant manager goes to China to open a new plant (I am pretty sure that is how it went down).  Of course his dad had to ask his mom because that is not like going across the country for a couple of years, it is a complete lifestyle change!  After some thought and consideration Matt's parents decided that they would embark on this new adventure!  All of us kids were shocked!  I can't imagine going to a country so different than ours for over a year.  They decided to not sell their house and to let Sarah, Matt's older sister stay there, so they pretty much just packed their clothes and a few other things and moved into a HUGE high rise apartment with amazing views right in the heart of Bangkok.  I can't wait to get some pictures from them to post on here!  I believe that Matt's mom and sister should be arriving late tonight which is Wednesday morning there.  They are 11 hours ahead of us here EST.  It is crazy how life can change so quickly, we were all completely surprised by the opportunity to go over there!  It is so neat to see his parents be so open to change and a new adventure.  I would have a hard time with it, but it just shows that sometimes you just have to let go and jump on amazing opportunities.  I hope to post some pictures in the near future of their trips around Thailand and neighboring areas.

In other news... we are still settling in at our apartment and I am still applying for jobs.  I have a pretty good lead on one at an event company here in Louisville, hope it is promising!

No comments:

Post a Comment