Thursday, July 19, 2012

throw some glitter, make it rain

I saw this quote on Pinterest and knew immediately I had to have it somewhere in my home!  I changed the wording a little, but you get the message.  I wish I knew where the quote originally came from, I was not able to track it to the original posting on Pinterest.

(My pictures are off of the Ipad so don't judge - I am asking for a nice fancy camera for Christmas!)

I used a canvas that I had and painted it with a glossy black then used leftover stickers from Easter for the quote.  I would have liked a different font, but this works and I didn't have to buy anymore stickers.

Then I taped off a pattern with painters tape.  This was the easiest pattern to do - I am impatient so I didn't do anything too tricksy. 



I purchased Martha Stewart gold paint and some basic silver glitter at Michaels.  I used the paint as my sticky for the glitter - but you have to be quick before it dries.

I have a lot of gold and silver in my house  ( I refer to it as "gilver") so I thought I would continue the trend with gold paint and silver glitter.

After a little dry time, which doesn't take long - remove the stickers ( I got up under them with my fingernails) and the tape and you have this beauty.  I sprayed a little hairspray on it so the glitter wouldn't fall off everywhere and outrage my husband.   It is nothing fancy, but I love it!  I am thinking of putting it near the front door or maybe in the bathroom just as a reminder!




I obviously am a glitter fan, what projects have you done with glitter?  I would love to see, I am always up for a new project!

1 comment: